How To Choose The Best Roofing Contractor For Your Next Project?If you are in need of a new roof, or a roof repair, you may be starting to think about hiring a roofing contractor. However, your roof is a big investment. You don’t want to just hire anyone for the job. In this how-to guide, we’ll walk you through how to choose the best roofing contractor for your next project.
1. Do Your ResearchFirst things first, you want to do your research before you hire anyone. What’s their presence like online? Do they have good reviews? What are people saying about them? Reading reviews from previous customers is one of the best ways to know for sure what type of job you’re going to receive. The internet is a wonderful place for finding out all you need to know about a company!
2. Check Their Licensure and InsuranceYou never want to hire a company that isn’t licensed or insured. Hiring an unlicensed roofing contractor will present far too many risks than it’s worth. On the contrary, you can rest assured that a licensed roofer is knowledgeable of the best practices for everything in regards to your roofing project. As far as insurance goes, accidents can happen – even for those roofing contractors that have been doing this for decades. There are always risks with roofing jobs. To ensure they’re protected, and you’re protected, you want to make sure to hire someone who is insured.
3. Collect Multiple EstimatesEven if you’re in a rush to get the project completed, it’s still a good idea to receive multiple estimates – about 2-3, at best. This allows you to compare pricing, expertise, warranties, materials, and more. While it may be tempting to go with the cheapest roofing estimate you receive, remember that cheap isn’t always best – especially when it comes to your roof.
4. Look Into Their ExpertiseAlong with doing research and checking out testimonials, you should also look into how much experience your roofing contractor has. You likely want to work with someone who has been a contractor for decades over someone who just started only two weeks ago. Not only that, but seeing past work can be a good way to know for sure if you’re going to receive a clean, high-quality job. A reputable company is the best way to go when choosing a roofing contractor.
5. Ask The Right QuestionsMake a list of questions to ask ahead of time. Not only can this be informative to you, but it can also give you a feel for how knowledgeable your roofing contractor is. If they don’t know how to answer questions, or appear caught off guard when you ask them, you may want to continue doing research. Some questions you may want to consider asking include:
- When will the job be completed?
- How much is this going to cost me?
- What do your financing agreements look like?
- What is your workmanship warranty?
- Are you licensed, bonded and insured?
- How long have you been in business?
- How do you protect my property?